Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Free Flower Tutorial


A few years ago I was introduced to Kanzashi, or Japanese fabric flowers. Of course, from there I had to try my hands at every way of making a fabric flower that is out there. After starting to teach sewing to children, I modified what I learned and came up with an easy peasy way of making pretty flowers that was fun for adults but easy enough for children!


I have had a lot of fun making these from my scraps over the years, and these are no different! All of them feature the scraps from Jenean Morrison's Lovelorn collection on FreeSpirit Fabrics. I love how fabrics can look so different depending on the project. The small scale of the flowers paired with vintage buttons give them a totally different vibe than when they are used in purses and quilts!

Miss K modeling her fabulous hairflower!



You can find the Free Flower Tutorial here. On the last page is a pattern piece, which makes it easier for everyone, especially little ones, to cut out. I make these often for teacher gifts, and the girls will often search out vintage buttons just to use in flowers!

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment